Most people bemoan the fact that their children grow out of the current size of clothing. I've read many a blog post talk about tears shed while packing away baby clothing that no longer fits. I've never really been that way. Maybe it's because Sam and Anna were in their newborn size clothing (or any size really) longer than most babies are, or maybe it's because they were so small at birth (5 lbs even and 5 lbs 10 oz) that I was eager to have them "catch up" to other babies their age. I think a lot of it has to do with the eating issues we had for the first 6 months of their life, when we had bottle refusal due to their uncontrolled reflux and weight gain was constantly on my mind. Or maybe I just like new clothes. :)
Whatever the combination of reasons, I've always been a little excited when Sam or Anna are able to start fitting into the next size up of clothing. I'm itching to wash the new stuff, and reorganize their closet and drawers to make room. Pretty consistently, Sam and Anna have fit neatly into the size of clothing the way it is labeled: 3-6 month clothing when they were 3-6 months old, 6-9 month clothing when they were 6-9 months old, etc. Sam typically could start wearing the next size a little before he turned that age, and Anna could typically wear the next size a little after she turned that age.
That means, as my little ones are almost 18 months old, that it is about that time to break out the 18 month clothing. I excitedly washed and dried some of it yesterday, and made room for it in their room this morning. I'm looking forward to cooler weather to be able to put on some of their pants and longer sleeve outfits!
*Although this is my little 17 month old girl wearing a 6-9 month shirt.
I also have a 3-6 month dress from last summer than she swam in then, and can wear just fine now. It's a little short, but not too tight around the waist. Finding pants that fit her tiny waist but are long enough for an average 1 and a half year old this fall and winter will be tough!
4 comments:
I'm the same way! Our girls are like Anna---always fitting into clothes just a bit after they turn the age. I just washed up a bunch of 18 months pants/short sleeved outfits in preparation for cooler temps.
Of course, today is one of the hottest days of the summer so far, but I've still got fall on the brain :)
I think I did feel a little sad for LB to outgrow her little newborn and 0-3 month clothes, but overall, I am the same as you :) I am always excited to pull out new clothes and reorganize closet and dresser! It is fun to me! And with SP, I am especially anxious to move to bigger clothes because it will also mean that her tummy troubles will be behind us the older she gets!!
Didn't comment on yesterdays post but oh my goodness...those pics are adorable and priceless!!!
I'm always so sad to pack away a favorite or special little outfit! :) But it's always fun to see her in the new ones! Davie is really long but narrow, so she doesn't fit in the right size for length (she has to go up), but she's in smaller sizes around. We make it work, though!
I'm like you and celebrate when Lexi has moved up a size, mainly because of the traumatic past we have with weight gain. She's just starting to fit into 18 month clothes and I'm so thrilled considering this was my baby that was still fitting into newborn clothes at 7 months old! It's also kind of like going shopping all over again since the clothes have never been worn and it's the anticipation of seeing them in some new cute outfits. How fun!
Post a Comment