Maybe you've found:
- a toy or book that captivates your child(ren)
- gear you just can't live without
- a recipe your choosy toddler gobbles down
- a parenting book that you've found perspective changing
- an activity that wears your kid(s) out (these lead to good naps, which we all love)
- an outfit that flatters your post-baby body and makes you feel fabulous
- or anything else you're loving--creativity welcome!
__________________________________________
Being a kindergarten teacher in a public school, I'm used to the very secular side of December holidays with kids. We spend time talking about Santa and reindeer, but also Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Las Posadas and St. Lucia Day. What I'm not so used to is talking freely about the true reason for the season with small children, but that is something I very much want to do with my own kids.
One of my friends posted on facebook some time ago that she was bringing out the Little People Nativity set for the year. I immediately googled (since Sam and Anna are very much into Little People right now) and was delighted with what I saw- then ordered it within minutes after comparison shopping online for the best deal.

Sam and Anna have been having a ball playing with "Mama Mary" "Daddy Joseph" "Baby Jesus" the angel, and of course the animals. I'm happy there is a way beyond books and church services to tell the Christmas story to a child even as young as Sam and Anna. I'm also happy that I stumbled upon something I didn't know I was looking for!
Now I just need to beef up my age appropriate book selections on the same topic...
4 comments:
This is SO awesome! We love Little People around here too! I didn't know there was a nativity set!!! This is perfect! Thank you so much for sharing this!!
That's adorable! Noah loves Little People, too, but I have never seen the nativity set. I would love to get that.
A Little People nativity set?? Awesome!
Thanks for sharing!
We are way into Little People up in here as well!!! What a great idea.
Post a Comment