So this week Sam and Anna were at their new daycare, and when I picked them up, they were in the yard blowing bubbles. But yet, hardly blowing bubbles at all because they are 2 1/2 years old and once the bubble solution spills a little on the outside of the container, it becomes a slippery mess that eventually gets spilled. Our new daycare person was having to do a lot of managing the bubble bottles and helping Sam and Anna keep them upright to avoid losing all the bubble solution. Not her fault, really, because Sam and Anna aren't used to regular bubble jars. We've had no-spill jars that I picked up from Target wayyyy back as Easter basket fillers and that's what Sam and Anna are used to.
I didn't realize the full awesomeness of these no-spill jars until I saw the basic counterpart in action in Sam and Anna's hands. When we blow bubbles together at home with the no-spill jars, I hand 'em out and they completely manage them on their own. That means I have two free hands to happily play with my kids, take pictures, or just simply enjoy watching them play. Sam and Anna don't become wet, sticky messes and so they enjoy it more too. In turn, they blow more bubbles and are entertained for a longer period of time. The result: Anna's become quite the master bubble-blower over the summer.
I know they have a big bucket version that has slots for 3 wands- i.e. for three kids to use at once and even a bubble machine, but for us the regular version works great so each kid has one to hold on their own and the bottom of the tumbler is about the size of a cup so it's easy to hold too.

1 comment:
This is such a perfect idea. We were at a friend's house recently that Hadley spilled an entire (pretty much full) bottle of colored bubbles (have you seen these?) all over herself and me. Ugh! Talk about a big yellow mess.
No spill bubbles are definitely going in the stockings this Christmas (or maybe I won't even wait that long!).
Post a Comment