Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Great End to a Not-So-Great Week

My week blew chunks. I don't want to even get into it, and I'd rather just forget the crapfest that it was (and hope it doesn't return next week).

But today was glorious. Today was Saturday and I got to spend all. day. long. with my babies. I got to change diapers. I got to play with the loves of my life for hours. The week long rainy dreary weather slipped away over night, producing a bee-u-tiful crispy fall-like day. I "let" my husband sleep in and selfishly kept Sam and Anna all to myself for a few hours. During their first nap, I ran errands and treated myself to a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. I didn't worry about what I should be doing that I can't get done during the week (if my house has been dirty this long, what's one more day?). Later we went for a nice walk as a family and went for ice cream. Sam and Anna had their 6 month photo shoot, so I can now stop obsessing over what they are going to wear. After they were snug in their cribs for the night, I went out for dinner and margaritas with a friend.

But most of all, I got to see these faces from (almost) sun-up to sun down. A glorious day, indeed.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

SO glad you had such a great Saturday! You deserve it!! Can you send some of that crisp, fall weather down here? :-)

Kendra said...

HI! Thanks SO MUCH For your comment!! It's nice to "meet" you and know I am not alone in the grateful-for-my-twins-but-pulling-my-hair-out =). I don't know HOW you work full time. Seriously. I could not do it.

And how fun that our babies are only like 3 weeks apart.

LOVE the 6 month picture! I wanted to buy Abigail that very same outfit. So precious!

Julia said...

What beautiful loves you have!

Isn't amazing how our priorities change? Suddenly sleep and cleaning the house take a back burner to spending time with the babies--smelling their baby smell, making them laugh--that is what makes a good day :)

Lisa S said...

Love the outfits! What a great way to spend the day!

Jamie said...

Awe!!!!! Absolutely, positively precious!!!