Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sam, The Flatterer

It all started when Sam was about 1 year old.  He saw my face wash  in the bathroom and kept pointing to it, calling the woman's face on it "Mama" to my husband.  At first we thought he was just telling him it was my bottle, but he only did it to the bottle with a face and then we realized he thought it was a picture of me.  A stretch, but whatever, Sam.

Then one day Daddy was home with them during the week, and was watching CNN.  Sam got excited, pointed at the screen and exclaimed over and over, "Mama!"  Apparently, I looked like Robin Meade to him.


One day recently, we were in the movie store to rent a movie, and he got excited when we passed a movie with Emma Stone on the cover.  I can't remember which one it was, but again he was all "Mama!" and pointed at it, then proceeded to carry it around the store with him until we left.



The final compliment lately was when he associated me with a picture of Megan Fox.  Thanks, sweetie.  When you're older and embarrassed to be seen with me, I'm going to remind you of the day when you compared me to Megan Fox!




* Edited to add that, on a day like today when I woke up with one swollen eye which prevented the opportunity to wear contacts or makeup, it helped just a little to know that my son thinks I'm as beautiful as Robin Meade, Emma Stone, or Megan Fox when I felt maybe a little less attractive than usual.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to know that we are so beautiful in our children's eyes :) Even if we have to go without a shower for a few days at a time!

Kerri said...

I can actually see the Emma Stone comparison a bit. Camden hasn't mistaken me for a celebrity, but he thought Keira Knightley was my mom!