Monday, April 9, 2012

Mama Loves Water Beads

Water beads = so much fun!  To be honest, I typed a huge post extolling how awesome water beads are, explaining them in detail, and how much Sam and Anna love them... like how we have to hide them when not in use but they still ask to play with them all the time and how they still cheer, jump up and down and clap when I say they can, after playing with them for several weeks now BUT blogger ate my darn post and I don't have the patience to redo it. 


So here's the short version:  Sensory Play is great for young children.  Water beads are a great sensory experience.  You can get them in the floral department at craft stores (or Walmart) for cheap.  Add water to the tiny beads, and voila- they grow into firm jelly-like marble-sized balls after a few hours.  Sam and Anna love 'em.  They love 'em so much I bought more and upgraded to a larger container than what is pictured here.  Water beads are fun to run your hands through.  Or feet.  Fun to scoop and pour.  Fun to squeeze.

Go get some.  Maybe your kids will jump up and down cheering and clapping too.




2 comments:

Julia said...

Blasted blogger! I love this idea, Katie! And---it looks like something my girls would absolutely LOVE! Am going to try it soon!

Thanks so much for re-typing and sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Just ordered some off Amazon!