One of my more minor worries (you know- well behind our house not selling, and me quiting my job but not knowing what I'll be doing after that point or where I'll be living, moving to a different state with 2-3 year olds, etc.) is that while parenting solo Monday through Friday every week, the amount of photos I will take is going to drastically pale in comparison to what I used to do. Who's got time to take lots of pictures when it's get home at 4:45, start dinner, get Sam and Anna's stuff ready for the next day, clean up before dinner, eat dinner, clean up dinner, bath, bedtime, get my stuff ready for the next day, talk to the hubs on the phone, then go to bed myself? We aren't doing anything earth shatteringly amazing either. Most nights, I take a moment to be thankful my duo do such a great job playing independently together so that I can do all the things I need to do while I'm on my own. On the weekends, our time has been spent cleaning for house showings (we've had at least one every weekend for the past 7 weekends), or Daddy time while Mama relaxes or gets stuff done that isn't being done during the week.
So I've been trying to snap a few here and there of the ordinary moments in the evenings so there isn't this gaping hole of photos when Sam and Anna are older.
Helping make pizzas... and sneaking a taste.
A little heavy on the olives
Sharing the ipad
Bath time Mohawk- the only time Sam is gonna have a Mohawk around here
Bathing beauty
Dress up fun- Anna's got the queenly wave down
Sam and Anna often watch me make dinner from the counter now. I had to quick grab my camera for the spontaneous hand holding.
Sometimes Sam's Heart joins us at the counter.
Helping make cookies
Hugging her Fur Real Kitty
Lining up Noah's animals
1 comment:
Those pictures are all terrific. It is good to remember to try to capture those everyday moments, not just the big ones. Good luck to you during all this crazy transition! I remember how hard it was selling our home with ONE 1-year old so I can only imagine what you are dealing with!
Post a Comment