Thursday, November 19, 2009

Addicted

I am now addicted to feeling my babies kicks from the outside. As someone who for a long time thought I may never get to experience something like this, it is a simply amazing thing. I have been feeling them move from the inside since week 13, but the anterior placentas have made feeling the movements with my hand a little harder to come by. Lately, it has been getting easier as the kicks are less sporadic and usually happen several times in a row with more intensity.

Yesterday at 21 weeks 3 days, (after eating some sugary food) the kicks were stronger than ever before. My husband finally felt them for the first time. He was talking to my Mother in Law on the phone and she actually got choked up when he told her.

After school today I was working at my desk when one of them started their kickboxing again. So I sat there mesmerized with my hands on my belly- not realizing how long I just sat there until the custodian came in. I didn't want to go home because I didn't want to stop feeling it. So now I am certifiably addicted. And even more in love with the babies growing in there.

4 comments:

twondra said...

Awww, that's so precious. I'm so happy for you!!

Lauren said...

I am totally addicted to it too. I could just sit there all day with my hands on my belly. I've been like this for weeks!

sweetpeanme said...

I think I've felt a couple kicks on the outside here and there...but nothing consistent enough for the hubby to feel! I can only feel my boy because my girl's placenta is in the way...well...I do feel her...but not on the outside...

It took me forever to do report cards because I was in awe of the little flutters going on in my body...it is a miracle!!!

Dianne said...

Aww isn't it great??? I can't imagine feeling two at once!!!