Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm Baaaack

My absence from posting should have been a good clue that I decided to push through whatever was holding me back and go on my little mommy-cation by myself.  I left Monday morning... and returned Wednesday (the earliest I was thinking I'd return).  It was possible for me to stay until Friday, but after one full day of relaxation, rest and rejuvenation- the advantage of having more time to continue relaxing was outweighed by the amount I missed my family.  So I came home.  It was amazing how easy a 7 hour drive was without two non-napping toddlers in the back!

I got tan.  I read 1 and a 1/2 books (The Help and The Happiest Toddler on the Block).  I swam.  I slept in.  I watched a movie without multitasking by doing something else at the same time.  I unplugged and did not go on a computer for 3 days in a row.  It was very nice.

I also made Anna these hair clips and two hair clip organizer boards to hold all of the clips she has, now that she has enough hair to be able to wear them!  (One board is larger for later, once she has more hairclips and needs more room.) I used fabric that was incorporated into the quilt my friend made before Sam and Anna were born, so it goes with the colors we have in the nursery, and will coordinate with the stuff in her room once we separate them into their own rooms.  We are attempting to get rid of her pacifier once and for all this weekend, and I'm planning on giving her the hair clip board as a "big girl" gift afterwards.

 
(The hair clips I made)

(The empty board)

(All the hair clips I have for Anna's hair on the board)

I also got bit by a few flies on my feet, and for me this is bad news, because I am severely allergic to fly bites.  My feet swelled up and were insanely itchy.  In the past I've had fly bites that have swollen my eye shut and swelled joints so badly that I couldn't bend my arm or knee.  Besides missing my children and husband, that was the other biggest downer to my mommy-cation.

My husband did great without me.  Sam and Anna did just fine too.   I'm glad I went, and glad I came home when I did.  It was just enough time for me.  I think I might just do it again next August!

14 comments:

Krista said...

Sounds like you got a lot accomplished! Amazing what you can do without two toddlers huh?

manymanymoons said...

Sounds like a much deserved break. Just enough time to relax but not so much time that you miss everyone like crazy.

Jess said...

The hair clip board is cute (and so are the clips!). I am glad you mom-cation was nice.

With the quitting of pacifers, I thought I would share this cute story. My friend's son used a pacifier and around a year she decided it was time to be done with it. So when he wasn't around she cut the top off of it. When he asked for it she said, "Oh no Marcus, look paci has an owie!" He took it, popped it in his mouth then made a gross face and took it out. So she asked him, "You don't like paci anymore?" He shook his head no. Then she asked; "Should we through it away?" And he walked over to the trash and tossed it, waving good bye before walking away. And that was that. =)

Anna said...

Those bows and the board are adorable!!! I love them! And didn't you LOOOOOVE The Help???? :)

Kendra said...

I'm so glad to hear you went!! And even more glad to hear you had a good time =)

I LOVE the board you made!! And those clips? Adorable!!!

Good for you for taking some time for yourself, so you can care for your family even better =)

Lauren said...

Glad you had a good time!

Coakley's Journey said...

what cute little bows, your mommy-cation sounds awesome!

twondra said...

That is sooo awesome! So glad you had a good time!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you got some much needed mommy R&R! Love the hard clip board. Very creative and sweet. I'm sure Sam and Anna (and hubby) were glad to have mommy home.

BB said...

Pretty clips! :) And so glad you made the trip!!

Jamie said...

Yeah! Good for you to go on your trip. Such cute clips for Anna, too. You are so creative!

Carli said...

I know it was a tough choice for you, but I am so glad you decided to take some time for yourself. I am sure that it was tough being away from the kids, but it also did you a lot of good to recharge your batteries! It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Love the board you made for Anna's hair clips!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a relaxing time away (minus the fly bite). You are so smart to take time to take care of you!

I LOVE the barette board! I wanna make one with my mom now! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you get some good time and feel relaxed.I love the blogs you share
Its something very creative.
<a href="http://www.babyfavors.com/cheap-baby-favors”>Cheap Baby Favors</a>