Friday, April 6, 2012

Two New Changes

We made the switch to booster seats during meal times within the last few weeks.  I actually resold our Space Saver high chairs (which are able to be used as boosters generally, but our table was not high enough for it to work) within days of making the switch, so there's no going back now!  I may have had a little remorse of getting rid of them so quickly, because we have so many memories of Sam and Anna eating in them, but oh well.  I got a good offer that I couldn't pass up! 

Anna and Sam have been sitting on regular chairs during meals at daycare for months and we started having issues getting Anna to sit in the high chair at home.   (Picture temper tantrums at the start of every meal.)  The boosters seemed to work better and still have buckles for the containment factor so we went with it.  I can say it is very nice not to have to wash two trays after they finish eating, but they seem to get a little more messy now overall.

We also switched their car seats around in our vehicles this week.  Sam and Anna rear-faced until past the age of 2.  I realize that generally the suggestion is to rear face as long as possible, but we made the choice we feel is best for our family.  We rear-faced for a lot longer than most people I know.  It is amazing how much more happy and agreeable Sam and Anna are now getting into their seats, getting buckled in, and riding while forward facing!  I'm actually looking forward to seeing the difference it makes during our next long road trip.  And who knows, maybe this will be the trick to getting Anna to be able to sleep in the car again.

2 comments:

Megan said...

i am planning on switching jalen to a booster seat once we move. he is getting a bit long for his high chair. and he wants to be a big boy!

Kendra said...

We turned L&A's carseats around too. Last I read the recommendation was until 2 years old. We were ready. Their legs were bunching up so they were hanging them over their seats and kicking each other!

Luke and Abbey LOVE being forward facing too!! I think they feel more like big kids =)