I read a quote from Albert Einstein (probably on pinterest, ha!) that states: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
I must be a little insane then, because I agreed to take Sam and Anna camping again this summer, even after our epic first camping trip last year (you have to reread it to truly see how incredibly awful it was. I did, and I had forgotten some of the events we endured!) It can't possibly be as bad this summer, right? I mean, I won't get the flu again in the summer, my dog won't roll in rotten eggs, and Sam and Anna won't both be bitten by deer ticks, right?
However, this summer, we have a special weapon that I'm sure will at least help in the sleep department. As Sam likes to say: Ta-da!
This is our newly acquired camper. My parents bought a new one and are letting us use their old one for a while before either we decide to buy it from them or decide not to, and they sell it. I don't care about what any camping purists say- you can still be "camping" in a rv. Anyone who thinks a differently needs to borrow a couple of twin toddlers for a spin and then see if tent camping only truly counts as roughing it.
We are leaving today after nap and returning Sunday. *Gulp.* Wish us luck.
So because we have a rv camper and not just a pop-up camper this time, I'm not entirely insane, right? ...right?
5 comments:
Good luck! I had to re-read your post from last year to remember. That certainly was a brutal trip!
That should definitely help! Bet you have a wonderful time!
There is no way it could be that bad. Good Luck!
You are either completely insane or entirely optimistic! Either way, hope it's fun!
Can't wait to read the details of your trip! Hope you have good news to share and that all had fun. :)
Post a Comment