Thursday, July 19, 2012

TIDWTFT

Sam's "What Else?" game morphed into "Why?"  a while ago.  He is the King of Why these days.  Personally, I think not quite 2 1/2 years old is too early to start asking why all the time.  I am trying to be patient and actually answer his whys most of the time, which has lead to some pretty interesting conversations.  For instance, yesterday he asked why the faucets have red and blue on them, so we talked about why red stands for hot and why blue means cold.  We also had a chat about why we put gas in cars, why he grew in my body before he was born, etc.  It's funny how often the string of whys usually ends with the answers either "because I love you" or "because that's the way God wanted it to be."  Sometimes there's just no other way to reply.

Sam seems to have really good hearing.  He's always noticing different sounds that I don't realize are there until he points them out and asks what they are.  Every buzz or hum outside he notices. He pays attention to everything, including everything adults say to each other too!

***

Anna has a huge sense of humor and big imagination.  The other day she was eating long noodles for dinner, and she was walking one around her plate.  She did a little squeaky voice for her noodle and said, "Don't eat me!"  Then she proceeded to tell the noodle that it was okay, it wouldn't hurt in her regular voice before she popped it in her mouth. After that, she laughed at her own cleverness.  She also loves to put her spoon over one eye and say "Argh!  I a pirate!" and then laugh.

Anna has been saying "good noning" for good morning to everything lately.  I swear, it is the cutest thing and I will admit to getting her to say it while playing pretend with dolls or animals just because I die a little from the cuteness every time she says it.

***

I am loving that we have endless time most days to wake up in the morning and that I am with them every day when Sam and Anna wake up from naps.  During the school year, we get up and go to daycare immediately, so there isn't time to cuddle really, and they are at daycare during nap times.  Now, we've built a routine of after sleep-cuddles that I adore.  I grab both of them out of their cribs and carry them to the living room couch where we cuddle together as long as they want before they are ready to start playing while I get food organized.  Sometimes we can snuggle for 20 minutes or more.  Anna's always the first to get down happily while Sam milks it out longer.  He definitely takes longer to become completely awake and is a big 'ol mama's boy so both those factors contribute to major cuddling.  I love it!

No comments: