Wow- an almost 2 week absence from blogging. I don't know if I've ever gone that long without posting. The day after my last post was my 33rd birthday. Then we all got nasty colds. It was a gorgeous weekend and any spare time we had was spent outside enjoying it. Then, I worked very hard to finish Sam's 2 year old photo book (yeah, my duo is closer to 3 years old than 2, but better later than never!) because my code for a free 12 by 12 photo book was expiring. The first year books were about 45 pages long, and the second year book ended up being 93 pages, so it took me a monumental effort to get it done!
Plus, we tried to fit in one last camping trip before handing back my parent's camper. It was a lot colder last weekend (like 40's in the daytime and a low of 25 degrees F at night), but the heater in the camper made it just fine. The cold weather gave us the opportunity to to try out Sam and Anna's new winter coats! This was their 3rd camping trip.
Photos from our camping adventure:
It was quite a hike climbing the "mountain" wearing a 30 lb toddler stapped to our backs! Boy, am I sure glad we have an Ergo and Mei Tai to be able to do something like this though. I couldn't imagine trying to get them to climb up by themselves, and carrying them the whole way just wouldn't have worked.
Sitting by the campfire.
Eating smores- a camping must! (Sam and Anna's second smores)
It was a wee bit chilly.
Peek!
And peek again!
Sam and Anna really liked using Grandma and Grandpa's camper this summer and fall!
3 comments:
What great fun! Now that Carder is walking, I hope that we can go camping next year...
The colors here in MI are the best fall colors I can ever remember seeing...but I love the pic 3rd from the bottom of you and the kids and the dog - great display of some orange there!
My goodness, they are cute kids!!
Great pictures! Wow, I'm so impressed with how brave you are venturing out with the two little ones. But what wonderful memories you are building with them. What breathtaking scenery!
Post a Comment