Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mama Loves Dapper Snappers

Mama Loves is a linky party where mamas can share anything that has made your life easier as a mama.


Maybe you've found:
  • a toy or book that captivates your child(ren)
  • gear you just can't live without
  • a recipe your choosy toddler gobbles down
  • a parenting book that you've found perspective changing
  • an activity that wears your kid(s) out (these lead to good naps, which we all love)
  • an outfit that flatters your post-baby body and makes you feel fabulous
  • or anything else you're loving--creativity welcome!


To link your own Mama Loves post up, head on over to Julia's blog, Pontifications of a Twin Mom.
________________________________________________


I'm just starting to use Dapper Snappers, and in a nutshell, I LOVE THEM.  If you've been a blog reader for a while, you know that my duo are the skinny minnie type.  Average height, but 0-10%ile weight wise, depending on the day.  That means that pants can be a challenge for us.  Sam and Anna need a 18 month length, but no where near a 18 months waistband.  This summer was great, because the length of the shorts didn't matter.  My 18 month old daughter was sporting some 6 month shorts some days because that's what would stay up.

Now that the weather has gotten colder, we're back in pants.  Most days, I put Anna in leggings because they fit her legs better than jeans.  They look "okay" if the leggings are a little loose.  However, I don't want her wardrobe to be limited to only stretchy knit pants. 

That's where Dapper Snappers come in.  They are an elastic band that snaps onto belt loops to pull the waist in a little.  And oh my goodness, they work.  Suddenly my kids' wardrobe expanded by leaps and bounds.  All the jeans that they haven't worn are options now, because I can cinch in the waists. 


I bought mine off of babyhalfoff.com and got basic colors like navy so they blend in with their denim jeans.  You can buy the Dapper Snappers in different colors though. 

The Dapper Snappers also have multiple snaps on the band, so they should work for awhile as both Sam and Anna grow into bigger sizes.  This is a great thing, because I'm sure we'll be dealing with skinny waists for a long time.  I'm just glad that Anna especially (because she's got an even smaller waist than Sam) doesn't have to be limited to leggings for bottoms only from here on out.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Wow! Genius! My girls are tall and skinny too--we never did get that baby chunk. We've run into this problem a lot, and I, too, have resorted to lots of leggings, which in some cases don't look like leggings, because they are loose.

Thank so much for sharing this! You always have such great stuff to share, Katie! Love it!

Kerri said...

Katie, you are my hero for posting this. I have been having such a pants issue with Camden since the weather has gotten cooler. He is so tall and so thin that his pants are always falling off his waist. I will definitely be looking into Dapper Snappers. Thanks!