Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Rain Dance!

It hasn't rained at our home in... well, longer than I can remember.   If we didn't water our grass, it would have been completely dead by now.  So although the thunder that woke Sam and Anna up TWO HOURS before they would have on their own made me grumpy this morning, I got over it fast because it actually rained!

We went outside to celebrate by jumping in the puddles.









And then we were having so much fun that things got a little wild and Anna fell and skinned her knees.  She's a brave girl and hardly fussed, but we went inside to clean her up anyway, since her knees were bleeding.  I hope she always brushes off injuries as well as she does now!

2 comments:

Amy said...

We hadn't had rain since June 29th. Until last night! Our water bill would be astronomical if we watered our grass...so alas, ours is the consistency of hay.

I fully believe that a child's reaction to injury is all based on the parent's reaction. If you flip out, so will they. But if you're calm, they will be as well. JMO.

Once Upon A Time said...

Amy, we have sand points for outside water, so we only have to pay for the electicity to run the pump.

I'm not one to freak out over injuries, so I hope that makes a difference. :)