Thursday, January 26, 2012

TIDWTFT

Things I don't want to forget and I WILL unless they are here in writing:

Last week, while eating dinner I put some fries down on Sam's plate.  He moved them around, formed an "L" and said "L."  I told him that he was right, it was an L with lots of praise and he immediately moved them around and made an "I" out of fries and said "I."  I was amazed, because this is not something I have ever done with them.  He totally formed the letters on his own, without any prior knowledge of seeing letters formed out of objects.  That's the kind of stuff the kindergartners in my class do at 5 and 6 years old.  My little boy isn't 2 yet.  Proud mama, of course.

Anna is so bound and determined to dress herself.  She's working on putting on her zip pjs all on her own.  She'll get her feet and arms in, and try to pull up the zipper on her own.  She already can put on her coat and zip it up if I get it started for her.  Last night, after sitting on the toilet for the third time, I didn't want to put the effort into putting her jeans back on for the 10 minutes before bath time.  She wasn't too happy about that, so she decided to put them on all on her own.  She got her feet in the right sides and successfully pulled them up by herself.  Next, she'll be trying to snap them too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's really advanced for Sam. You have a smarty pants. And Anna seems bound and determined to do things her way!

twondra said...

Wow! I am very impressed!! They are getting soooo big!

Maria said...

Wow! Your kids seem very advanced! My son just turned 1 and I'm excited/nervous about starting to teach him letters and reading. Too soon? How did Sam learn his letters so quickly?