Thursday, September 24, 2009

Crap

One of my students has H1N1. She wasn't in school today- but yesterday she was, and of course we have been in close proximity. Crap.

12 comments:

Andrea said...

Crap, that sucks. I'm a university advisor and two of my advisees have H1N1, thank goodness I hadn't seem them too soon when they came down with it.

You should call your OB, mine said if you were in close proximity they might start you on Tamiflu. GL, I hope its worry for no reason:)

Melissa G said...

Crap is right. I agree with Andrea.

Oh and thanks for the hugs.

Heidi said...

It agree with the previous comments that it might be a good idea to contact your OB. I had the flu when I was pregnant and it sucked. I would just continue to make your health and your babies health a priority. Hugs.

Courtney said...

Oh no! I'll be praying for you.

Jess said...

Oh crap! I would definetely call yoru doctor and see what he/she has to say! I hope nothing comes of this and you and the little ones stay healthy!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

JB said...

Stay calm! You are on mega vitamins and probably more aware of any symptoms in your body than most people you know! Chances are you will be just fine.

Agree with all the suggestions to talk with your OB, might also suggest talking with your principle about contingency plans if this should happen again. (Could your OB write you a "doctor's note" declaring that as a high-risk pregnancy, you can't be around even suspected-infected kids? Could the school bring in a substitute? I know, probably not, just throwing it out there...)

Kerri said...

Oh gosh, Katie, I'm sorry!!! I have been so worried about this since I interview a bunch of people all day long and shake hands, etc. I agree with the other girls- talk to your doctor. He might want to go ahead and have you start Tamiflu as a precaution. Let us know what your doctor says.

Lauren said...

Shoot! Call your doctor. And try to stay calm. You're probably fine. But definitely call your doctor.

Meegs said...

Take a deep breathe... you will be okay. Just give your doc a call and keep an eye open for symptoms in the meantime.

Since you found out about it now, if something does happen you will be on top of it at the earliest possible moment.

BB said...

Yikes... as everybody is suggesting, speak with your OB! Good luck... hopefully it is not going to affect you!

sweetpeanme said...

Us teachers are exposed to everything!!! Good grief...I wish I could afford to quit so that I could just stay home, sleep in late...and protect my little ones from Kindergartener germs!!

Let me know what your OB suggests...there's a good chance I may be in the same boat at some point...

Anonymous said...

crap! i'll be thinking of you! healthy healthy thoughts!