*Be a better mom. This is something we all always strive for, right? To help me achieve this, I am going to do better at walking out of my classroom doors at the moment I can leave, despite the piles of things that need to be done. I may not reach 100% right away, but I'm hopeful that I can make strides to getting there soon. I'm going to doubt my parenting abilities less and have faith in that I am doing the best I can and that's enough. I want to do more projects with my littles- and not have them end up like the shoemaker's children without good shoes. Sometimes, since I spend all day with other people's kids doing projects and teaching them, I just want to enjoy and play with my own kids at the end of the day without defined structure. Now that they are getting more and more able to do projects, I want to capitalize on that. I want to do more things with Sam and Anna; go on more outings/adventures because we tend to be more homebodies around here and I want them to experience all the wonderful things available to us.
* Be a better wife. It's time that this part of my life takes a bigger portion on the front stage. As part of this goal, I resolve to follow through with planning one trip overnight with my husband (while starting to plan our trip to Hawaii to celebrate our 10 anniversary in 2013), leaving Sam and Anna overnight somewhere without us for the first time.
*Commenting more. I have so many blogs that I read every day. I catch up on my ipad mostly…while I’m sitting on the couch doing other things at the same time. The not so good thing about an ipad is that they are cumbersome to type using that little touch keypad, so I’ve been slacking in the comment department. But I’m changing that in 2012. I’m always so appreciative and grateful when you all comment on my blog and I definitely want you to know that I love to reading what you are posting, too. So I'm going to get better at that starting now.
*Find better balance. I need to shortchange myself less. Make it okay to take mommy time to do something for me- NOT kid or job related. Waste less time on the internet and make the time that I am here count. And goodness gracious, get more sleep. Staying up later to be on the internet is not a good choice, no matter what I want to accomplish. I need to live by the saying, "a well rested mama is a happy mama" and "if mama's not happy then nobody's happy" this year.
Notice that be a better teacher did not make my goals this year. I will of course be the best I can be every day while working, but I need to find better balance by being a better mom, and a better wife first this year... while slicing out a better portion of time for me too.
2 comments:
Its so hard to balance your life once you become a Mom. With you working full time too, I can only imagine how much more difficult it is! Especially in the husband department. Tom and I never take time to ourselves and I am going to stress it this year because a loving relationship between Mom and Dad is so beneficial for the kids. Good luck with everything, keep us posted!
And for the record, it appears you are doing well with those two little cuties I love reading about.
Good resolutions! I hope you'll post some of the projects you're untertaking with the kids, because I know I'll be in need of some inspiration!
You're doing a great job balancing everything so far, from what you report on Sam's and Anna's achievements and abilities. They sound pretty advanced to me, and I'm sure that's due in no small part to all that you do for them.
Post a Comment